US Plumbing Pros
US Plumbing Pros accepts all major credit cards
Get A Quote From Indianapolis Plumbing
Name: Phone:
Email: Service:

Dear US Plumbing Pros,

I have recently been sick for a very long time. At first I just thought it was allergies or something, but I soon realized that I did not feel the way I usually do when my allergies act up. I was speaking to one of my friends and they mentioned that if there is mold growing in your home it can make you quite sick. I decided that I should check some of my plumbing. Low and behold I found a little bit of mold on a few of my pipes. I was wondering if your professional plumbers had any information on what I should do to get rid of this mold. Also, how did it get there in the first place? Please help me figure this whole mess out because I am really tired of feeling sick all the time.

Dear Our Sickly Friend,

Your friend is very right; mold can start to make you sick if it is growing inside of your home. This actually happens to many homes if they do not pay attention to their residential plumbing and pipes. Rust can start to come about for a few different reasons. One is if the piping is old and is not regularly checked. Another reason is if the piping is in a dark and damp area of your home such as the garage. Here are a few ways that you can keep mold from growing in your home and making you even more sick.

One reason mold can start to grow is if the pipes are in dark and damp areas of your home. As we previously mentioned, this type of place would be like your garage. To keep this from happening you will want to make sure that any area with exposed piping is well ventilated. For instance, you should always keep your bathroom door open when it is not in use. This will allow fresh air to enter the area and not become stagnate. Also, if it is very warm outside you should run your air conditioner at least some of the time.

You should also clean your piping approximately once a week. This is to ensure that no other mold starts to grow on the pipes. You should clean it with a household cleaner that has an anti-mold agent in it. This is mostly any household cleaning product that you already have in your home. This will help continuous growth of any mold on the piping.

Also, if the mold is so bad that you are this sick, you should think about replacing the pipes. You should replace them with copper piping because they are unable to grow mold. If you are interested in replacing your pipes, feel free to call us anytime you are available when you need an emergency plumber. We would be happy to help you solve your mold issue in your home and we offer the plumbing services to do it.

Add to Google Read on MyAol Add to MyYahoo Read on MyMSN Add to Newsgator Read on Bloglines US Plumbing Pros News RSS Feed